March 26, 2011

Quiet Time With God

When do you take the time to do your daily lessons? I have heard so often the best time to study His is right in the morning,  but can't seem to make that work. I find the only thing that is good for me right in the morning is some time in prayer, but as far as devotions and Bible study goes, I just don't get as much out of it during that time. I use to feel guilty for that, especially after hearing testimonies of Christians who were so comitted to that. Now I decided, instead of feeling guilty, I will set a time that is right for the way I am and concentrate on what He teaches me not when I do my devotions. What are your (honest) thoughts?

1 comment:

Krystal said...

I agree Nancy, you need to find a time that works well for you so you get a better understanding. I tried the same thing, but my children are up around 6 in the morning and they need a lot of attention so I wait until quiet time in the afternoon. We are seeking God right, So if you feel convicted about this then I would suggest a change but I'm sure God is just as happy that we are spending time seeking Him!!