November 21, 2008

Revive Us, Lord

Even though we have a book we are going through, this is not about getting through a book. I desire spiritual growth to a whole new level. I believe that so is everyone else who is doing this study. God wants to move and do great things in our hearts, our homes, our communities, our country and yes our world! (I say our because this is where we live, but these things all belong to Him) This starts with individuals. Lets spend this week in prayer. Lets ask God to search our hearts as Margaret Wall already posted.
In our study group today we listened an awesome message. A few things really stood out to me.



2 Chronicles 7:13-16 (King James Version)

13If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.


Instead of worrying about all the things that are going on in the world today, we need to cry out to God. We need to plead with Him to move in. Sometimes we may think, well what can I do about any of it, I am so weak... How can I make a difference. Did God not say He would save Sodom if He found just 10 who were righteous in the city? From what I can gather, righteous did not mean 10 people who were perfect but 10 who would seek Him!http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis%2018:23-19:17;&version=9;


Isn't it amazing! We don't have to be perfect first to call out to Him.... Just desire to be right with Him and follow Him! I am so excited about that! (can't stop with the exclamation marks now!)

It's all about Him.
(since some are still waiting for the book)This might be a good time to just get a notebook, and write out your prayer to God. Meditate on that this week, and let Him prepare us for the next step.