January 6, 2009

Honesty

I noticed today that there was nothing added concerning lesson 3 and I think that too was an important lesson.
I find it so neat to think about how, when Adam and Eve disobeyed God they hid from God. Right away you see the broken relationship. God, their Father, mighty creator, could have just come, grabbed them by the ears and pulled them out from behind the bush. (hmmm, that is kind of how we would do things sometimes) He didn't do that even though He knew where they were. Instead He asked "where are you?" He gave them a chance to come to Him. He still is like that today, always giving us these chances to come to Him instead of hiding from Him. He then asked them if they had eaten of the forbidden fruit. This too, He knew the answer to, but gave them that important chance to confess.
Now, when we really think about this it is so awesome! God knows when we have disobeyed or lied. When we confess our sins we are not telling Him anything He doesn't already know and yet He allows us to come to Him this way. He knew this is the way we would be able to grow closer to Him. I am just seeing a glimpse of His plan in this however. I believe there is so much more to this yet then what I see. How exciting it is though to be able to keep searching His word and growing closer to our heavenly Father!
If you would like to read the story of Adam and Eve for yourself, you may do so by clicking right here. > http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=3&version=31
Remember: Silence is not always golden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been doing the study because I haven't been able to keep up. Honestly I've been a litte confused about how often we were doing the study...because there weren't very many posts. I would still like to do it. Where are we supposed to be on it at this point?