January 19, 2009

God's Grace Enables

I wasn’t able to get together with our study group this morning, so I studied the lesson some more on my own. This quote really stood out for me:

Your worst days are never so bad that you’re beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you’re beyond the need of God’s grace.”

Don’t know if you can put it any better way than that! I need God’s grace everyday of my life.
I need God’s grace right now to deal with diappointment. There were a few things I just don’t quite know how to handle as I go through it. I am encouraged this morning that His grace is sufficient. Sometimes it’s just a matter of keeping our eyes on Him instead of other people or things.
Also, we need to humble ourselves in order to receive His grace.
Our kids have chores and other expectations in our home. Sometimes they may think that what they have to do is too hard. We know that it is good for them to learn from it and good for their character so they don’t get a choice in these little things. When they are all finished they might even see, hey that wasn’t so bad or they may be glad they learned something new.
Our struggles are the same way. We may not like going through them, but God already has a bigger picture in mind and He knows what is good for us.
After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace , who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm and strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

No comments: